If you've made a decision to restore your windows, you've probably already given a lot of thought to which material is best. Wood vs. vinyl windows? Aluminum vs. vinyl windows? Chances are you've also encountered a lot of conflicting details about these choices.
The good thing is your final decision doesn't need to be complicated. Because after you do a head-to-head comparison, you'll see that vinyl is merely a much better choice than other materials. It's certainly better than aluminum windows and doors – which readily conducts heat and cold making them less energy efficient. And, as you're about to find, vinyl outperforms wood, too. windows and doors Richmond Hill
Sure, wood and vinyl windows may perform similarly in regards to energy efficiency, but considering easy installation, wood's high-maintenance requirements and the availability of rich, textured, realistic woodgrain laminates for vinyl windows, vinyl becomes the outstanding choice for each one of these reasons:
- Low maintenance
- Great insulating value
- Beauty and appearance of wood without the hassle of maintaining it
- Strength and durability
- Excellent resistance to rotting, corrosion, salt air, termites and air pollutants.
Once the comparison is wood vs. vinyl windows, vinyl clearly wins. Still have your heart set on the design of real wood? Let's take a closer look:
- Vinyl retains its finish – there's you should not sand, re-stain and repaint!
- Vinyl won't pit, peel or flake like wood.
- Vinyl holds around repeated use, maintaining its beauty year after year.
- The only maintenance vinyl usually required is a quick washing, after which it it looks just like new.
- Beautiful, durable and realistic interior wood laminates can be found today is a variety of popular woodgrains such as oak, cherry and maple. Letting you have the rich look of wood at home with all the current maintenance.
Need another reason vinyl is much better? How about the fact it's easier on the pocketbook – approximately 10% less costly than wood. Plus vinyl windows give you a variety of architectural choices and design options to select from – styles, configurations and colors to perfectly complement your house and lifestyle. vinyl windows and doors Richmond Hill
So might be vinyl windows better? Let's put it this way – over the long run, there's certainly no comparison in regards to wood vs. vinyl windows. Vinyl certainly is the smarter choice!